Building Plan Approval
Punjab Infotech has set up Estate Planning and Development Cell to facilitate expeditious planning and implementation of various projects as well as to provide effective services to the industry seeking approval of building plans etc. Punjab Infotech has further, in order to facilitate thorough scrutiny of plans as per applicable building bye-laws, empanelled experienced and competent architects. Building plans of the allottees/ transferees in their respective IT Parks/ Sites planned and developed by the Punjab Infotech, will be approved in conformity with the zoning plans approved by CTP, Punjab and as per Punjab Urban Planning & Development Authority Building Rules 2013. Allottee / Transferee have to submit:
- A site plan in triplicate showing the position of site proposed to be built as per approved layout plan / zoning plan.
- 3 sets of prints of Building plans mounted on cloth duly signed by the applicant, or authorized agent or attorney, showing covered area, elevation and sections of the proposed building Water supply, drainage plans, structural stability certificate, scheme for fire safety and fire-fighting system / equipment, electrical, air-conditioning and air cooling as required by the rules ibid.
- Plan showing provision of Parking Areas as per planning norms (in vogue) of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, Punjab /Punjab Urban Planning & Development Authority Building Rules 2013.
- The applicant shall also submit any additional information and plans, as are demanded by the Competent Authority.
Building Plan scrutiny fees:- Scrutiny fees will be charged * as per Chief Town Planner, Punjab / PUDA rules (amended from time to time).
*Presently: Rs. 5/- per sq. feet of covered area.
Rs 2.50/- per running feet of boundary wall.
Rs.2.50/- per sq. feet for revised building plan.
Processing Fees Chargeable
- Plots upto 1000 sq.yds = Rs 5.000
- Plots above1000 sq.yds= Rs 10,000
Steps to be followed for Building Plan Approval
- Allottee/Transferee needs to submit an application for approval of building plan
- The following documents are required
- Proof of Ownership ( Allotment / Transfer Letter )
- 3 copies of plans made by the Architect registered under Architect Act, 1972
- Attested copy of GPA / Sub Attorney ( Where applicable )
- Scrutiny fee through Demand draft in favour of Managing Director Punjab Infotech
- Structural stability certificate from a registered Engineer
- Certificate for Fire Safety from concerned fire officer, in case the building is more than fifteen meters in height
- Estimated cost of construction in triplicate and a certificate of Cost of Construction in triplicate from a registered Architect / Engineer/ licensed supervisor along with the building plans submitted for approval is required with regard to private construction. There after employer is required to pay the ‘Cess’ as per Notification No. 21/ 3/97-1 Lab/ 6032 dated 11-11-08 issued by Government of Punjab, Department of Labour, (Labour Branch) and Letter no. F-1/2012/ 13381-13433 dated, Chandigarh 14-06-2012, issued by the Labour Commissioner, Punjab, SCO No. 47-48, Sector-17 E, Chandigarh and a demand draft @ 1% of the cost of construction, will be deposited by the owner/ employer in favour of the Punjab Construction Workers Welfare Board, Payable at Chandigarh.
Things to be noted
- Cess Collectors:- The Government of Punjab has notified all the Labour Inspectors Grade 1 and II of the state as the 'Cess Collectors' within their respective jurisdiction
- Cost of construction:- Cost of construction shall include all expenditure incurred by an employer / owner in connection with the building or other construction work but shall not include the cost of land.
- In case building or other construction work is being carried out by Government Department, Public Sector Undertakings etc. directly without employing any contractor They are required to remit a cess @ 1 % of the cost of construction through their area Cess Collector By way of Account Payee Cheque drawn in favour of the Punjab Construction Workers Welfare Board, Payable at Chandigarh.
- In case such building or other construction work is being carried out through a contractor, all Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings, other Government Bodies like Boards, Corporations, etc. shall deduct the cess at source @ 1% of the amount of cost of construction etc. directly without employing any contractor They are required to remit a cess @ 1 % of the amount of cost approved as per the tender notification from the bills of contractor at the time of making payments and remit the same by way of A/c payee Cheque in favour of the Punjab Construction Workers Welfare Board, Payable at Chandigarh.
- Further details can be seen in Notification No. 21/ 3 / 97-1 Lab / 6032 dated 11-11-08 issued by Government of Punjab, Department of Labour, (Labour Branch).
- Submit the form along with the documents to the following address:
Punjab Information and Communication Technology Corporation Limited
5th - 6th Floor, Udyog Bhawan, 18- Himalaya Marg, Sector 17, Chandigarh
Tel: +91-172-5256400, 5256401, 2702423 (TeleFax)
For relevant forms, please refer to the Downloads Section